The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is similar to a sliding hinge that connects your jawbone to your skull. TMJ disorders can cause discomfort in the jaw joint and in the muscles that control jaw movement. If you are experiencing headaches or chronic pain in the jaw or upper body, Dr. Bellafiore can help alleviate your symptoms with gentle, non-invasive TMJ therapy.
If you suffer from any of the following symptoms, we can help you find relief:
- Headaches or migraines
- Stiffness or soreness in the neck, shoulders and back
- Sensitive teeth to hot cold or biting
- Clenching or grinding(bruxism)
- Limited mouth opening
- Popping and clicking in the jaw joint,sore facial muscles,ear pain
- Muscle Relaxation Splint Therapy and Occlusal Equilibration, along with our other TMJ therapy options, can relieve even the most painful symptoms, while restoring absolute harmony to our patients’ bites.
TMJ therapy from Dr. Bellafiore may include:
- Muscle Relaxation Therapy (splint therapy)
- Mouth Guards
- Anterior deprogrammer
- Bite Adjustment (equilibration)
- Neuromuscular sport guard
If you are tired of living with pain, read on, or call us to schedule a TMJ therapy consultation today!